Services » Our Fees
Our fees are transparent and very competitive. All inclusive, what you see is what you pay. We do not charge additional amounts for preparation time, extra hours on full day mediations or for weekend mediations. Therefore on the day, you and our mediator can focus on resolving your dispute and not worry about rising costs.
We offer both time limited, (1 to 4hrs), and full day, (no maximum hours), mediations tailored to suit the circumstances of your dispute. For full day mediations light lunchtime refreshments are included in our fee.
Our charges are based on the amount in dispute and are therefore always proportionate. With time limited mediations starting from as little as £150 ex VAT per party you can always be assured of a competitive price. Concessionary fees or National Mediation Helpline fees may be available at our discretion, especially for low value disputes.
The amount in dispute is calculated by adding together the value of the claim and the counter claim but excluding legal costs.
Please do not hesitate to contact one of our mediators to discuss our fees.
Our fixed fees per full day mediation (ex VAT), held at our premises are:
|Amount in dispute (£)||Full day fee per Party|
|£10,000 or less||Please see below *|
|£10,000 to £24,999||£500 *|
|£25,000 to £49,999||£750 *|
|£50,000 to £249,999||£1,000 *|
|£250,000 to £499,999||£1,250|
|£500,000+ to £999,999||£1,500|
* Time limited mediations are available for these cases. A time limited mediation of between 1 and 4hrs, tailored to the particular circumstances of the dispute, may significantly reduce the cost of mediating and we therefore prefer to give individual quotes for these cases rather than set fixed charges that may not properly reflect or be proportional to the sums in dispute, for example, if the disputed value was between £5,000 and £15,000, for a three hour mediation the cost would be £300 plus VAT for each party as per the Ministry of Justice fee scale.
Terms and conditions:
1. Fees quoted are exclusive of VAT.
2. Unless otherwise agreed the total fee due is split equally between all the parties.
3. For mediations not held on our premises an additional charge to that quoted above will be made for reasonable expenses such as room hire, catering and overnight hotel costs as applicable. These will be estimated at the time mediation fees are quoted and charged at cost plus a 5% administration charge.
4. The fixed mediation fee excluding reasonable expenses is payable in full 5 working days in advance of the mediation.
5. A final balancing invoice will be issued and become payable immediately following the mediation.
6. Interest will be chargeable on amounts overdue at 8% pa above Bank of England base rate current at date of invoice.
7. Where a party is represented by solicitors, our invoice will be addressed to those solicitors, who accept liability for agreed charges and expenses.
8. Where a cancellation is made more than ten working days ahead of the mediation date (excluding Saturday, Sunday and public holidays), the cancellation charge will be made of 10% of the fee that would have become due.
9. Where a cancellation is made less than ten working days but more than two days ahead of the mediation date (excluding Saturday, Sunday and public holidays), the cancellation charge will be made of 50% of the fee that would have become due.
10. Where a cancellation is made less than two working days ahead of the mediation date (excluding Saturday, Sunday and public holidays), the cancellation charge will be made at 100% of the fee that would have become due.